The world according to me is in a mess. What will it be like when Daniel is my age? Will it be safe to walk down the street? Will there be so much pollution that people have to wear masks?
It’s worrying as I feel I have no control over what happens to the planet, there are so many people contributing to destroying it (me included i suspect) that it seems like a lost cause. But if everyone just did a few little things it would help to improve things. So here is a list of the little things that I am trying to do to help:-
- Never leave taps running to save water;
- Have a shower rather than a bath to save water;
- Turn off switches on the wall;
- Turn the computer off when you are not using it;
- Don’t leave the television on standby;
- Don’t throw litter or dump stuff (except in the dump);
- Re-use carrier bags and where possible don’t use them at all;
- Don’t use plastic nappy bags;
- Fly as little as possible;
- Don’t use the car for short journeys;
- Recycle glass, plastic and paper;
- Give old stuff to charity shops;
Well that is all that I can think of at the moment, but if you know of any other ways to help please let me know!!
Add comment June 22nd, 2006